1. The blog got a little facelift. What do you think?
2. After a disappointing failure, I managed to make a batch of marshmallows that held their shape. The taste needs a little work, but I still ate them all in one sitting so obviously thy weren’t too horrible. I used Lori and Michelle’s recipe for stevia-sweetened marshmallows, but I think I either didn’t add quite enough sweetener or I should try a vanilla flavored stevia. I also want to try my hand at coconut sugar marshmallows, since I currently have ones I bought that I adore.
3. I also made the most amazing chocolate coconut kale chips earlier this week. They went unpictured due to the horrendous lighting, but you can trust me that they were mind-blowing. Here’s how it happened: I was making cacao coconut date balls when I remembered I had the remnants of a a container kale chips in my pantry so I decided I would have those along with the date balls as an afternoon snack. Then I realized that the few crumbs that were left certainly wouldn’t do much for my kale chips craving so I grabbed some kale from my fridge to make my own. Except that I could not for the life of me decide what flavor to make. I wasn’t feeling a simple sea salt or a “cheezy” flavor. I then realized I had all this leftover chocolate coconut mixture from the date balls. And there you have it. The thought progression that left to the creation of the best kale chips I’ve ever made. With no photos or even a recipe to show for it.
4. Bars have been my saviour lately while I am out and about. I tend to pack up my computer and workout gear in the morning and head out and don’t get back to my apartment until dinner time. I seem to focus better when I am not stuck inside my tiny studio, and I always manage to find enough things I need to get done to have me running around all day which means a lot of meals and snack eaten on the go. Ironically I just wrote about how I am enjoying more meals at home lately, but when I think about it that mostly applies to dinners and weekend breakfasts. Bars, Whole Foods bulk bins, and tupperware meals have been key players in my days. I’m thinking I might need o do a post dedicated to my favorite no-junk brands of bars soon, what do you think?
5. I have not been taking advantage of summer on the frozen yogurt front, so a fro yo date at Fraiche was much needed. I have a feeling I will be back very soon…
Happy Friday, enjoy it!